The game of Baccarat can be found at all online as well as real land casinos. This game is the second most popular game after the game of Blackjack at casinos. Like Blackjack and other card games this table game doesn’t have much of multiple variations that you can try to play and have fun. But not be to disheartened there are some of the various outstanding features in this game that come in several variations and you can enjoy thus various Baccarat games using these features. These come in the big and the mini Baccarat game tables but before you begin to play you should know the standard baccarat game rules and how to play it.
Rules of a Standard Baccarat Game
Every baccarat game offers three staple bets, including the banker hand, player hand, and tie. When placing a banker or player bet, you’re gambling on one of these hands beating the other. Here’s an example. You wager on the banker hand, if the banker gets a score of 8 and if the player gets a score of 7 and the banker hand wins, and you win your bet.
A tie wager is based on the banker and player ending up with the same score and you win a large payout when both hands tie.
The house edge in Baccarat
The banker hand has a 1.06% house edge, the player hand has a 1.24% house advantage, and the tie bet normally has a 14.36% house edge which can vary based on payouts. You can see that the banker bet offers the best chance to win. Even with the casino taking a 5% commission from winning banker wagers, it still maintains the lowest house advantage. The player bet isn’t far behind in terms of house edge. Some punters enjoy making this wager when they feel that recent trends suggest doing so. The tie bet should be avoided at all costs. With a 14.36% house advantage, this is one of the worst wagers in all of gambling. As long as you understand the baccarat bets, then you’re all set to play and you needn’t use any skill beyond choosing the outcome and how many chips you’ll lay down. All you need to know is how the scoring system works to play baccarat as a pro.
The scoring system in baccarat
The hand that has a score closest to nine wins. The first digit of a score is dropped if it’s 10 or higher.
Here’s how baccarat scoring works.
- Ace = 1
- 2-9 = Face value (i.e., 5 is worth 5)
- King, queen, jack = 0
The banker and player both receive two cards to start each round. The score of each hand determines whether the player and banker receive another card.
The rules on drawing for cards are
- If the banker or player draw an 8 or 9 on their first two cards (a.k.a. natural), they win as long as there’s no tie
- The player receives a third card if they have less than 5. They stand on a score of 6 or 7
- The banker draws when they have less than 6 and the player has 6 or 7. They stand if their total is 6 or 7
- Whenever the player receives a third card, the banker also draws for another card based on what the player has.
Different Baccarat Variations
Baccarat variations don’t differ wildly from mini baccarat but do have a slight difference from the standard mini version including the rules and house edge.
No Commission Baccarat
As casinos take a 5% commission out of winning banker bets to retain their edge over players, no commission baccarat differs, though, by not taking any commission.
This gives you a long-term edge over casinos in theory, which is why so many players are attracted to the no commission variant. But the rules are slightly modified to ensure that the house keeps their advantage.
If your banker hand bet wins on six points, then you only win 50% on your original wager (as opposed to 100%, or 1:1). This scenario has a 5.39% probability, which pushes the house edge to 1.46%. The player hand is your best option when considering that you have a worse chance of winning the banker bet in no commission baccarat. Ideally, though, you’ll avoid this game altogether. You can play this game at online casinos or land casinos.
EZ baccarat is similar to no commission baccarat in that it doesn’t take 5% commissions from banker hand wins. It also features modified rules to ensure that the casino retains their edge. A banker bet that wins with a three-card 7 is a push, rather than a 1:1 payout. But this scenario only has a 2.25% probability of happening.
EZ baccarat features a 1.02% house edge on the banker hand, when combining the three-card 7 push with no commissions. It’s definitely worth playing EZ baccarat due to its low house advantage. You can find this variation at a number of real land casinos including the casinos at Las Vegas.
4% Commission Baccarat
As the name suggest this game only takes a 4% commission from winning banker wagers. The reduced commission drops the banker hand house edge from 1.06% to 0.60%. You nearly double your chances of winning with 4% commission baccarat as opposed to standard games.
You obviously want to play the 4% commission variation whenever possible. This game variation is found at very few land based casinos.
Most baccarat games use eight decks, but there are certain casinos that feature tables with six decks. 6-deck baccarat lowers the banker hand house edge from 1.06% to 1.056%. This won’t make much of a difference to the average player. However, it does aid gamblers who play lots of baccarat and/or bet big. 6-deck baccarat can be found at online casinos that are powered by NetEnt or Playtech software.
The Playtech version also offers interesting side bets in addition to only featuring six decks. The available side bets in Playtech baccarat are:
- Small – Betting on the total number of the banker’s and player’s combined score being 4
- Big – Wagering on the total number of banker’s and player’s cards being 5 or 6
- Either pair – Betting on the banker’s or player’s first two cards forming a pair
- Perfect pair – Wagering on the banker’s or player’s first two cards forming a suited pair
While it’s always fun to take a chance on side wagers, the problem is that these particular bets all feature high house edges. Here are the house advantages for each of the side bets.
- Small = 5.27% house edge
- Big = 4.35%
- Either Pair = 14.54%
- Perfect Pair = 17.07%
Either Pair and Perfect Pair each have bigger house edges than the tie wager, which makes them reprehensible in the overall scope of gambling.
Big and Small both have reasonable house edges in comparison to side bets in other games. But you’re still better off simply wagering on the banker hand every time.
Mini Baccarat and Big Baccarat
Why this game is called big and mini baccarat has a story to tell. Baccarat was first introduced in North America on a big table which means big baccarat that features 12-14 spots. These games are still available in certain Las Vegas high-roller areas. Big baccarat players can choose to act as the banker, and the shoe is passed around the table so that everybody gets a turn. This fun aspect makes one feel like they’re the house, but it also slows the game down. Big baccarat also requires a dress code, which involves men wearing tuxedos or suits and women donning evening wear. The dress code suits this game when considering that the minimum wager is usually $100 per hand.
Mini baccarat is played on a table with only seven seats. The croupier handles all of the dealing/banking, meaning that players don’t get to act as the banker. Mini baccarat tables are fast-paced due to the smaller setup and dealer handling everything. This makes the mini version perfect for table game players who like lots of action.
The minimum wager ranges from $5 to $25 per hand, and there’s no dress code either. These factors make mini baccarat more popular than the big version among many gamblers.
Baccarat with Higher-Paying Tie Bets
The majority of baccarat games offer an 8:1 payout for winning tie bets. But some games offer a more generous 9:1 payout. The 9:1 prize lowers the tie bet house advantage from 14.36% to 4.84%. Although still not a great house edge, 14.84% at least makes the tie wager worth considering if you like large payouts. Note that your best odds of beating baccarat lie with the banker wager.
Baccarat Games with Side Bets
Considering that baccarat doesn’t offer much in the way of betting variety, some casinos add side bets to the equation.
Here are common side wagers that you’ll find in land-based and online casinos forming a variation in the game play of Baccarat
- Big bet: Wager on if the player and banker will combine for 5 or 6 cards. It pays 0.54:1 on your bet, and the house edge is 4.35%.
- Small bet: Wager on if the player and banker will combine for 4 cards. It pays 1.5:1 on your bet, and the house edge is 5.27%.
- Dragon 7: This EZ baccarat bet is based on whether the banker will win with a three-card 7 total. The payout is 40:1, and the house advantage is 7.60%.
- Dragon Bonus (player side): Bet on the player side winning with a natural (8 or 9) or by 4+ points. The house edge is 2.70%.
- Lucky Bonus: Wager on the banker winning with a score of 6. The house advantage is 2.66%, and you must risk up to 10% of your banker bet.
- Panda 8: This EZ baccarat side wager is based on the banker winning with a three-card 8. The payout is 25:1, and the house edge is 10.19%.
- Royal Match: Wager on the banker or player being dealt a suited or unsuited king-queen combo with their first two cards. The suited king-queen pays 75:1, and the unsuited combo pays 30:1. The house edge is 2.13%. These bets are nice for those who want to chase big payouts. You can especially win big with the Royal Match, Dragon 7, and Panda 8 wagers. Royal Match and Lucky Bonus also give you good chances to win because they feature a 2.13% and 2.66% house edge, respectively.
- Macau Baccarat: Macau baccarat differs, though, by allowing players to pick up their cards and even perform good luck rituals. Macau players will slowly bend back card corners to reveal the value. This superstition is based on the belief that slowly looking at your card value will improve your chances of winning. The rules aren’t any different at Macau tables than they are in any other mini baccarat game. But the superstitions, player passions, and ability to touch your cards makes this a baccarat experience to remember.
Though Baccarat variations don’t differ greatly from the original versions but t you can still find enough variety to make trying different games worth your while.
You can check out the different game variations featured here. Most of these games merely have subtle rule changes, but they’re still worth trying for something new and fun.
How to play Baccarat with your iPhone?
There are Baccarat games at various online USA casinos as standard game or live dealer game. Also there is one RNG title you can play at your favourite mobile casino, LeoVegas.com, plus an array of live dealer baccarat options there and at Rich casino.
Leo Vegas Casino – One RNG title by Play’n GO and live dealer baccarat tables by Evolution Gaming and Extreme Gaming
Rich Casino – Live baccarat tables by Evolution Gaming
Both sites offer a generous casino welcome bonus, but be sure to read the terms and conditions for the wagering requirements attached and whether or not your real money wagers can clear these with the baccarat game of your choice.
These sites have been optimized for portable devices so you can tap the links on your iPhone device or Android mobile and be taken directly there via your mobile browser – Google Chrome, Firefox, Explorer, and Safari are all compatible.
You can then continue to access the titles via your browser, but there will be toolbars present while playing and you may find it somewhat difficult to navigate.
A solution to this is to install a web app of these mobile casinos. Once you are on the site of your choice, tap your browser’s settings and tap ‘Add to Home Screen’. An icon will be created and it will sit on your home screen for you to open, allowing direct access of site without having to tap in the URL.
The web app runs via your mobile browser, but the toolbars are removed for better navigation and more game screen space. Additionally, they don’t take up as much space as native apps – what your Facebook or other apps, which you’ve downloaded from App stores.
Fund your casino account on your iPhone
To win real money on baccarat you need to play with real money in CAD and since the casinos and games have been optimized for iPhone or Android devices, including phones, players can make a deposit via their device.
At both mobile casinos which offer real money baccarat and there are a number of casino payment methods players can use to fund your mobile casino account. These funds can then be used to play the baccarat games and will be available to use on any device – laptop, desktop, smartphone, and tablet.
To begin playing Baccarat at an online casino with your mobile is a simple process.
- First, find the online or mobile casino that offers this game
- Pick your cell phone with updated browser be it chrome or safari and simply type the casino url on the web browser
- Click or hit to Go button or Enter
- Soon the online casino homepage displays on your mobile screen
- Now search for the Join Now or Sign Up button and register yourself as a new player by filling a short form
- Once done think about in your mind whether you wish to practice the game first or play with real money. For practice choose the demo version of the game from the table games listed on your games screen and select baccarat and click the game to play for free without spending any money.
- But if you wish to play Baccarat with real CAD then make an initial deposit of $10- $25 and grab the welcome bonus to play the game with your mobile.
- When playing at live casino all you need to do to play live dealer Baccarat in the online casino of your choice provided that they offer live dealer Baccarat is simply choose Baccarat from the live games section in the lobby and then proceed to choose a table depending on your preferred buy-in. Once you do this the table and the live dealer will now be visible and you can pretty much get started playing. Remember to make your bets before the timer runs out and also there is chat window where you can say hello to the live dealer.
- Live Baccarat is streamed from a live studio where a dealer is sitting behind a table. As a player you can clearly see all the dealer’s actions, as the camera never moves, and you can communicate with him/her through a live chat feature.
Online casinos offering online Baccarat to play with iPhone
You can play online Baccarat with your iPhone at the following USA friendly online casinos
Rich Casino: When you first sign up at the casino you instantly get 25 free spins and opening your casino account and making a deposit you are awarded a welcome bonus where you triple your first deposit with a 200% bonus. Top table games at Rich Casino include engaging games of Roulette, Blackjack, and Baccarat. Zoom Roulette, Multihand Blackjack, Roulette Black Diamond, Double Exposure Blackjack, Baccarat, American Roulette, Super 7 Blackjack and VIP American Roulette are yours to enjoy. These interactive table games are geared towards casual players and high rollers, with a generous range of betting options. Players can enjoy all of these games in a Try Now mode or a Play Now mode for real money.
Yukon Gold – They offer a signup bonus that gives you 125 chances to win when you make your opening deposit. Aside from baccarat, this casino also has more than 550 other popular casino games to choose from.
Grand Mondial – Grand Mondial has a similar signup bonus that’s even better. You get 150 chances to win upon opening your account with a minimum deposit of $10. Like Yukon Gold, they also have a selection of just over 550 casino games to choose from.
Captain Cooks – While the signup bonus isn’t quite as generous as the previous two online casinos with only 100 chances to win, the opening deposit is less at only $5. So, if you want to get started with the lowest possible deposit, Captain Cooks would be the way to go. This site also offers live dealer baccarat, which is explained more below.
Zodiac – While Zodiac’s sign up bonus isn’t so great at only 80 chances to win, it has the lowest minimum deposit of ONLY $1, they do have a nice match bonus for subsequent deposits. They’ll match your second deposit 100% up to $100. After that, the third deposit will be matched 50% up to $80 and the 4th and 5th deposits will be matched 50% up to $150.
Now pick your iPhone and enjoy this interesting game of Baccarat.